- Chilworth invited to launch of Albury Climate and Environment GroupGBC Councillor, Diana Jones, Green Party, is inviting Chilworth residents to join the launch meeting of the Albury Climate and Environment Group when it is hoped ideas for shaping a greener […]
- News from the Care Committee and AGM invitation Sat 13 November at 11.30Chilworth Care Committee News Our big news is that we now have a date for our AGM – Saturday 13th November @ 11.30 in the VILLAGE HALL. We are hoping by then that […]
- Chilworth2gether honoured by Deputy Lieutenant for SurreyChilworth2gether founder members were presented with a commemorative plaque recognising Chilworth2gether’s services to the community. Sir Graham Wrigley (centre), as Deputy Lord Lieutenant for Surrey, chose Chilworth2gether to be recognised for […]
- Chilworth Community Cinema shows Daniel Craig film Friday October 15 from 7.30pmChilworth Community Cinema is back, and on Friday 15 October is showing Knives Out starring Daniel Craig. This will be a “soft” reopening in the first instance. Here is the message […]
- Christmas lights – St Martha Church appeal for new floodlightsOur iconic church on the hill, that we see lit up at Christmas, needs new floodlights, and an appeal is under way. Please see below for details of how to contribute. […]
- Chilworth Care Committee news – and open for business!Chilworth Care Committee News At our March Meeting we noted that the Management Committee has met 6 times since August and 9 times since March 2020 to keep adapting the provision […]
- Chilworth Care Committee resumes lifts to the doctor, including for Covid vaccinationsHappy New Year from Chilworth Care Committee! Throughout the lockdowns of 2020 Chilworth Care Committee has continued to offer help to our community seven days a week collecting provisions and medication. […]
- Chilworth2gether plans to retire – public announcementPublic announcement – the future of Chilworth2gether With one of the founding members of Chilworth2gether retiring and moving away from the village, a consultation of others who’ve been part of the […]
- Foodwise offers free meals to families in need – detailsPlease see this information provided by GBC. Families are not allowed to apply direct, but the information below shows how referrals can be made through local organisations, schools and churches. “I […]
- New Local Garden and Kitchen Services on offerPlease click on the flyer for full details of this new service
- Volunteering with Chilworth Care Committee? The forms to keep you safe –To keep volunteers safe, here are the documents you need to read and agree to – please click on each form to read/print/return CCC – Data Protection Policy (Version 2) April […]
- Find yourself at St Augustine’s Abbey Chilworth – open every dayFind yourself at St Augustine’s Abbey, Chilworth All are welcome, as always, to this Catholic Benedictine monastery, a place of prayer and tranquility that’s open to the public every day of […]
Crocuses carpeting lawns, daffodils bobbing in the sun, March winds blowing a bit of a gale…spring has sprung and along with it hope of a return to our many much-loved activities that have been denied us for more or less a whole year.
As I write this , it was in fact a year ago to the day that we had our last screening – Road To Perdition- little knowing the irony of that title!
We should have a clearer idea by the Easter whether the June 21st date for lifting all restrictions is a viable date. We should also all have received our Covid19 vaccinations too. With this in mind, I am tentatively pencilling in
FRIDAY 9TH JULY 2021
as the grand re-opening of Chilworth Community Cinema! We will be screening Marielle Heller’s A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood starring Tom Hanks and Maryann Plunkett.
This of course is dependant on a number of factors:
- The village Hall being allowed to open its doors
- GBC issuing entertainment and alcohol licences
- Music and film licences being made available
- Sourcing the DVD itself!
We will comply with all restrictions which may apply at the time (possibly wearing face masks?).
So it is with great hope and optimism that I close, expecting the next missive to contain all necessary information for attending an evening at the cinema and hoping that you will all flock back in droves!
In the meantime keep on keeping safe.
Kindest regards, Diane Kenny
on behalf of Chilworth Community Cinema